Scarborough Town Centre (STC) Security coverage is scheduled on a 24-hour basis, 365 days a year. By patrolling and monitoring all areas of the shopping centre, the STC Security Team ensures that all visitors abide by the centre’s rules and regulations and conduct themselves in a manner that is conducive to a safe and secure environment.
We are located on the lower level near Entrance #6. Our Security Dispatch Station is responsible for monitoring the shopping centre’s CCTV camera system, receiving all incoming calls, dispatching Security Officers and providing customer assistance.
Security & Safety Policies
Download our Code of Conduct Policy.
Aside from providing a safe, secure shopping environment, STC Security also offers the following Services:
- Lost & Found
- Battery Boosts
- Flat Tire Service
- Escort to Vehicle
To request these services or contact STC Security, the Security Office can be reached at 416-296-4777. The Security Office is located on the Lower Level near Entrance #6.
Here are a few tips to consider for an enjoyable and safe shopping experience.
- Park close to your shopping destination. Let your family and friends know your shopping plans and when you will be coming home.
- Double-check your vehicle to make sure it is locked and windows are rolled up.
- Keep all shopping parcels and other valuables out of sight.
- When shopping with others, set a time and place to meet during your shopping outing. If you are shopping with children, keep track of their whereabouts.
- Keep purses close to your body. Wallets should be kept in a breast pocket. Waist packs are also useful for keeping money in front of you while leaving your hands free for shopping.
- If you are leaving Scarborough Town Centre and someone approaches you, return to the building and contact Security. Our staff will escort you to your vehicle.
- Have car keys in hand before you get to your car. When you return to your car, be aware of your surroundings.
- When entering any parking lot, if you see someone you think may be a threat, stay in your car and drive away.
Applicants seeking employment for the position of Security Officer with the STC Security Department must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be of good moral character with no criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
- Provide proof of a minimum of grade 12 education. A diploma from a community college in Law & Security or Police Foundations, or similar educational undertaking would be an asset.
- Provide proof of a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Provide proof of current First Aid and C.P.R. certificates.
- Attain satisfactory standards through various tests administered by Scarborough Town Centre Security personnel.
- Submit a cover letter, resume and a completed application form to the Scarborough Town Centre Security Department address listed below.
- A valid Security License from the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services.
Please forward to your application and resume to:
Scarborough Town Centre Management Office
300 Borough Drive, Suite #230
Attention: Kyle Dodd, Security Manager