Do you love to be challenged and express your creativity?
Would you like the opportunity to grow with a Montreal based candy company?
If yes – then we are looking for you!
By joining our fun and dynamic team, you will play a key role in Montreal’s upcoming candy success!
Founded in Montréal in 2014, SQUISH is an artisanal candy company with multiple retails locations in Canada. We seek out the highest quality ingredients, the most innovative candy makers and the most exciting flavours on the planet. With over 100 flavours of gummies we are committed to being the ultimate gummy company.
SQUISH fosters an environment of creativity, continuous learning, excellence and diversity. We are a group of dedicated professionals with a strong desire to succeed as a team and a commitment to promote from within.
We are looking for a vibrant and professional individual to join the SQUISH team!
Are you someone who can inspire others and who consistently leads by example?
Do you have a proven track record of building and developing top performing sales teams?
The key objective for this position is to grow the business and develop leaders within your team. Our ideal candidate is someone who is extremely organized, proactive and exhibits a business mindset. Strong customer service skills and a passion for gourmet confectionary are a must.
- Oversees operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures
- Provide leadership, management and supervision in all aspects of managing a SQUISH location.
- Requires the frequent and routine exercise of discretion and independent judgment
- Assures a safe store environment by protecting employees and customers
- Proper execution of merchandising and marketing direction, and through adherence to our dress code
- Monitors and maintains accurate inventory levels
- Assists Store Operations Manager with scheduling, shift coverage and maintaining labor budgets
- Manages team performance by coaching, counseling, appraising job results and motivates future leaders
- 40 hours per week (5 days) we ask that at least 35 hours be spent on the retail floor selling, developing and training the team, roughly 80% on floor and 20% on the administrative tasks
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3-year experience in a similar position
- Impeccable communication skills in English
- Is a natural motivator; inspires others and has history of a healthy staff turnover
- Friendly, positive, and social attitude – good team player
- Solid ability to multitask and strong sense of initiative
- Is positive and customer-service oriented; loves to go above what is required in order to help others
- Has strong communication and time management skills as well as the ability to provide and follow oral and written instructions
- Solid priority-management skills; well-organized and detailed-oriented
- Has a sense of urgency, enjoys working in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Flexible schedule (including nights and weekends)
- Working knowledge of MS (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Experience in gourmet confectionary or food-related retail an asset
What you can expect
- An opportunity to learn and develop in a growing company
- A positive and respectful work environment
- Overall success and personal growth
- Industry standard benefit package
- Competitive remuneration
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Employee discount on our products
So, if you’re into working on a fun, dynamic and professional team who shares a love of candy… what are you waiting for?
For further details or to apply, get in touch with us at email@example.com