ECCO is a Danish shoe manufacturer and retailer founded in 1963 by Karl Toosbuy, in Bredebro, Denmark. The company began with only the production of footwear, but has since expanded into leather production, accessories and small leather goods.
At ECCO our vision is to be the best shoe company in the world. We are the only major shoe company to own and operate our own production and retail facilities. And we constantly innovate to improve our ability to make shoes that follow the foot. At ECCO we are guided by our respect for our heritage, our call for innovation, our quest for excellence, our dedication to care, and our passion.
Role Objectives and Responsibilities:
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for various tasks involved in the overall operations of the store including exhibiting and promoting brand ambassador behaviors, achieving sales and KPI budgets, training new hires, executing visual and marketing directions, inventory management, and managing operating costs and shrinkage.
- Drive sales and assist in managing the overall team selling effort in the store to meet or exceed sales goals and objectives.
- Effectively manage and develop staff in all aspects of the business; direct and monitor training and development for all store personnel and provide coaching and professional development opportunities as appropriate.
- Assist in directing and managing the total operations of the store. This includes stock control and management, shipping and receiving, product replenishment and management, store cleanliness, store maintenance and upkeep, store supplies upkeep and management and ensure store physical inventory shortage results are at or below company standards.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all company policies and procedures through regular store management, staff meetings, and audits. Ensure all employee paperwork is completed accurately
and on a timely basis.
- Process transactions at cash register, maintain sales ledgers and make customer refunds and exchanges.
- Help to maintain the visual merchandising strategies for the store to create a store environment that provides our customer with a positive shopping experience.
- Maintain a positive attitude and make a valuable contribution towards maintaining ECCO culture of passion, innovation and sustainability.
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
- Retail Management: 1 year
- management: 1 year
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 2-3 years’ experience as a Keyholder in a retail environment or previous experience in an Assistant Manager role.
- Valid driver’s license is an asset.
- Ability to effectively communicate the features and benefits of our brand and products to customers.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to read, write and speak English at a proficient level.
- Ability to work a varied schedule, including evenings and weekends.
We care about creating and maintaining strong, positive relationships with our colleagues, our partners, our customers and the societies in which we live and work. We act with integrity and we respect and encourage diversity. We are a passionate organization, filled with people who are passionate and build their work on what they love to do.
We are committed to promoting a fair and equitable selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. ECCO Shoes provides equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of age, sex, disability, race, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sexual orientation, marital status or any other grounds as described in the Human Rights Code. Applicants with a disability need to make any accommodation requests for the interview process known in advance. The Human Resources
Department will arrange for reasonable accommodation in accordance with the Human Rights Code which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
To learn more about our Company please visit ca.shop.ecco.com. We thank all candidates for their interest in ECCO Shoes, however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.