Welcome back to StyList. Happy shopping!
With StyList search & shop STC Mall. Anytime. Anyplace.
The Body Shop
When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good – that’s us. Over 40 years later, we’re proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty every step of the way. We’re the original ethical beauty brand. We’ve got a thing for empowering people and enriching our planet. We’re all about keeping it real, in every way possible. Our activist roots remain a huge part of everything we do, from our iconic window posters to our vegetarian products to our infamous campaigns. We’re never afraid to stand up and speak the truth. We like to do things a little differently around here. In 2019, we became a certified B Corp. That is a business that meets the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance transparency and accountability. B Corps don’t just care about profit – they care about people and the planet too.
We believe equality is a human right. All people should have an equal opportunity to pursue their dreams and aspirations, regardless of beliefs, characteristics, and circumstances. Everybody has the right to live their life free from violence and discrimination. We want The Body Shop to be a great place to work and shop, whoever you are. We endeavor to be diverse and inclusive throughout our business. We celebrate the diversity of individual self-expression. We are unapologetically excited about life and the world and want everyone to experience all it has to offer. As such, we are passionate protagonists and advocates of social equality, equal rights, and equal opportunities, for each and every one, everywhere! Visit The Body Shop website to learn more.
The Body Shop exists to fight for a fairer, more beautiful world. This is our purpose, and it drives everything we do. Our beliefs are everything to us: that business is a force for good, the empowerment of women and girls and the belief that everyone is beautiful.
Your role in a nutshell
As an inspirational leader & activist, with enthusiasm for our brand and a strong connection to our purpose, you will partner with the Shop Manager to drive the store & your team to deliver retail excellence, strong sales results & an engaging customer experience.
More about the role
· Lead & work as part of a successful, engaged team to best meet the needs of our customers
· Help to shape a customer focused store experience by supporting the Shop Manager in leading the team to drive customer engagement through our products, campaigns & activism, bringing our brand to life
· Problem solves effectively & proactively as much as possible using available resources
· Communicate effectively & act as a flexible & responsible role model to your team
· Ensure development of customer loyalty to further build The Body Shop brand
· Work with the Shop Manager to meet sales & performance targets
· Work with the Shop Manager to manage stock; monitor & manage change
· Use the data (KPI’s) we provide, to make sound commercial & business decisions to successfully drive your sales & your team performance
· Identify & attract high potential candidates & develop current team members to succeed in their goals
· Interest in & passion for learning about & leveraging knowledge of the beauty market, our competitors & our products
What we look for
· Experience in a customer facing role, people leadership & team development
· Ability to meet sales & performance targets with outstanding planning & organizing skills
· Ability to work collaboratively within a feedback culture
· Outstanding problem solving & communication skills
· Experience using data (KPI’s) to make sound business decisions preferred
· Comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite
· Work flexible hours, including holidays, nights, and weekends to meet the needs of the business
· Flexibility to work across Sunday to Saturday is required
What we offer
· Benefits start within your first month
· Comprehensive onboarding in your new position
· Training hours for you & your team as needed
· A 50% discount on regular product & 30% on Gifts
· Freebies – when we launch new products, we want our Teams to be the first to fall in love with them
· Paid volunteer days – so you can spend time with the causes that matter to you
· Ability to make connections with Community Partners to drive local activism
· (UN) Uniform- We don’t believe in uniformity. We’ll give you one of our famous Green Aprons and the rest is up to you, wear what makes you feel good
· Ability to offer a real living wage to your Customer Consultants
· Opportunities to grow within the Brand
· Encouragement & support to be exactly who you are – employees may join any/all our Inclusion & Belonging Networks at The Body Shop, including TBS Together Pride, SEEN Ethnicity, GO Far Gender & This Ability Disability Network
We believe in a world where all people are seen, valued, supported, represented at every level, & can be their truest selves and in building a spirit of equality, diversity, and inclusivity for all. The Body Shop Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require accommodation during the interview process, please advise the recruiter when contacted for an interview.
Apply directly to:
Assistant Manager position.
The primary duty of the assistant manager is to support the Store Manager in the overall performance of the Store by Maximizing sales potential, developing Store Associates and controlling expenses and shrinkage.
The primary role as a Sales Supervisor is to support the Store Manager in the overall performance of the Store by maximizing sales potential and controlling expenses and shrink.