Visit Scarborough Town Centre to celebrate Ramadan and Eid!
Scarborough Town Centre’s Eid MRKT was made to bring everyone of all cultures and religions together to celebrate community and to learn more about what Eid is all about.
What is Eid?
- Eid is celebrated twice a year in the Islamic faith. The first is called Eid-Ul-Fitr and the second is called Eid-ul-Adha. The one we are celebrating is Eid-Ul-Fitr.
- Eid-ul-fitr is the celebration that takes place marking the end of the month of Ramadan on the first and only day of the month of Shawwal.
- Eid is a time of joy and celebration, it is a time of communal prayer, enjoying friends and family, feasting and exchanging gifts.
What is Ramadan?
- It is the holy month (9th month in the Islamic calendar) in which all healthy Muslims worldwide practice fasting from dawn to dusk for the entire month.
- Ramadan commemorates the first revelation of the holy Quran.
- The act of fasting is to teach and encourage humility, gratitude, patience, understanding and aims to guide those into a spiritual journey.
The act of fasting is to teach and encourage humility, gratitude, patience, understanding and aims to guide those into a spiritual journey.
This celebration marks the beginning of a journey in bringing the beauty of Ramadan, Eid and other Islamic commemorations to the forefront of the Canadian population at large, irrespective of culture, race or religion.
See more than 20 vendors featuring Eid gift wrapping paper, hand-made Moroccan products and greeting cards, pre-packaged sweets, handmade soaps, jewelry, home décor, gift items, art pieces, children’s books and toys, novelty clothing, floral arrangements, and so much more.
Everyone is welcome to enjoy interactive activities including art demos, calligraphy sessions, craft workshops for kids, and henna artists.
The event will turn Scarborough Town Centre’s activation centre into a majestic Moroccan souk, showcasing vendors from across the city. See the moon and stars meet, discover new products and begin the celebration early at STC’s Eid MRKT!
EID MRKT VENDORS
May 24 – June 2
May 24 – May 28
May 29 – June 2
Take a look at some of the offerings available at the EID MRKT:
Visit us at our Eid MRKT from May 24 – June 2!
Don’t forget to tag your visit @shopstc using #MeetMeAtSTC and #EidMarketTO