Create some delicious baked goods with recipes from Bulk Barn at STC!
Bulk Barn features a number of recipes on their website, ideal for sharing your baking or cooking skills. Browse a selection of recipes and pick your favourites to try. Then host a virtual party and enjoy a meal or treat with your closest family and friends.
See our favourite recipes below!
Strawberry Milkshake Cookies
- 1 Cup Butter (Softened)
- 1½ Cups White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups – Fresh Strawberries (Chopped)
- ½ Cup Water
- 2-3 Drops Red Food Coloring
- 2 Cups White Chocolate Chips
- 3 ¼ Cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ Tsp. Salt
- 2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp. Baking Powder
- Pour water and chopped strawberries into a small pot and place onto stove over high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated and strawberries have softened. Remove from heat and place into fridge to cool down. Once cool, place mixture into a food processor or blender and puree until smooth and no lumps remain.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar, salt, vanilla extract, food coloring and strawberry puree until light and fluffy. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated, and then using a wooden spoon, gently stir in chocolate chips, flour and baking powder. Once fully combined, roll cookie dough into small balls and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet, making sure to leave at least 1 inch of space between cookies.
- Gently press down on each cookie dough ball to flatten slightly then place into oven set to 325°F for 15-20 minutes for a softer cookie, or 20-25 minutes for a crispier cookie.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
*Makes 2 dozen cookies. For the full recipe, click here.
Rocky Road Brownies
- 3 Cups Brownie Mix
- 3/4 Cup Butter or Margarine
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 3/4 Cup Warm Water
- 2 Cups Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cups Butterscotch Chips
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts or Pecans (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 190 °C (375 °F). Spray a 13 x 9 inch pan with cooking or baking spray. Set aside.
- Place 3 cups (approximately 595g) of mix in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat in 3/4 cup of butter or margarine, 1 egg, 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract and 3/4 cup (175 ml) warm water with an electric mixer until combined. Stir in 1/4 cup chocolate chips and if desired, 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans.
- Spread batter in prepared pan and bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Melt 1 1/2 cups of milk chocolate chips on a double boiler and pour out evenly on top of brownie slab, coating completely.
- Sprinkle mini marshmallows on top of melted chocolate layer while it is still warm, and gently press down to secure.
- Melt butterscotch chips and pour into piping bag. Pipe melted butterscotch in a continuous drizzle on top of marshmallows
- Repeat step 7 with remaining 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips. Cool and cut into small squares.
*Makes 12 – 16 brownies. For the full recipe, click here.
ShopNOW for bakeware
See below for more recipes!
For more information on the Scarborough Town Centre Bulk Barn, click here.
Be sure to follow us @shopstc to keep up with What’s Trending!