As cities and provinces across Canada slowly reopen, there are many ways to enjoy the warm sunny weather while staying safe and healthy. Enjoy a socially distanced picnic with friends at a park or dine at your favourite local patio to celebrate the season and a change of scenery.
To help prepare you for your upcoming summer plans, we have put together a list of essentials and health tips so you don’t have to stop having fun.
Summer Essential #1: Socialize Safely with Masks or Facial Coverings
It is recommended that masks or facial coverings are used to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19, especially while indoors or in enclosed parking structures. At Scarborough Town Centre, effective July 7, 2020, all persons entering or remaining at Scarborough Town Centre shall wear a mask or face covering which covers the nose, mouth and chin as required under the City of Toronto By-Law 541-2020.
To help you select the perfect mask, here is a list of stores at Scarborough Town Centre where you can find a variety of reusable masks:
Bentley • Mon – Sun 11am – 7pm
Hudson’s Bay • Mon – Sun 11am – 7pm
Quick Stitch Tailor Shoppe • Mon – Sat 11am – 7pm; Sun Closed
Old Navy • Mon – Sun 11am – 7pm
Reitmans • Mon-Sun 11am – 7pm
Browse Face Masks on our Search. Find. Shop platform here. You can also visit our PPE vending machine located inside Entrance 7. Purchase gloves, disposable and reusable masks, sanitizer wipes and liquids.
Summer Essential #2: Hydrate Your Skin
Although masks are important to keeping you and others safe, the frequency of wearing face masks may cause irritations and inflammations due to sweat and build up. If you’re prone to skin irritation, balms, salves, and hydrating lotions are important must-haves for your summer skin routine.
Apply a thin layer of balm before putting on your mask or face covering. This will help create a thin moisture and protective barrier between the mask and your skin.
- Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Moisturizing Balm SPF 25 available at Hudson’s Bay
- Province Apothecary Protecting and Restoring Face Balm available at Hudson’s Bay
Strengthen your skin and texture by keeping it balanced and hydrated with a lotion or toner. It’s important to also use gentle skin cleansers to avoid dryness and inflammation during this time.
- The Body Shop Seaweed Oil-Balancing Toner
- Clinique Jumbo Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel available at Hudson’s Bay
Summer Essential #3: Select Breezy Summer Silhouettes
Warm Summer days call for comfortable, breezy silhouettes and fabric. Summer staples include button-ups and oversized shirt dresses for lounging outdoors at your favourite patio restaurant or at the beach.
Choose a linen or light cotton fabric for when the temperature rises during the day. For nighttime, swap out your shoes or accessories for an elevated look.
- H&M Linen-Blend Shirt Dress
- Call It Spring Gaga Wedge
Summer Essential #4: Opt for Functional & Practical Pieces
If you’re heading outdoors, you’ll want to bring only the functional and practical items to save space and to avoid carrying an oversized bag.
Whether it is an impromptu picnic or a weekend road trip, don’t forget to bring sun protection items such as your sunglasses and SPF. Store these items in a stylish and large storage canvas tote bag, along with a beach towel that may come in handy wherever you go. Keep your drinks cold and refreshing in a tumblr and utilize light-weight reusable utensils to avoid waste outdoors.
- Topshop Fenn Fringe Tote Bag available at Hudson’s Bay
- Roots Cabin Beach Towel
Summer Essential #5: Shop and Earn Points with RBC Rewards
In today’s reality of COVID-19, many consumers and shops are opting for digital solutions over cash and cheques. With an RBC Card, you may enjoy the following benefits from now until July 31, 2020:
- Receive 30% more value at restaurants across Canada (including takeout) when you pay in-store with points.
- List of restaurants available for take out can be found here.
- Save 30% when you redeem RBC rewards points for select gift cards from across Canada, including an OxfordPlus Gift Card.
- Save 30% when you redeem a Petro-Canada gift card and get 30% more value when you pay in-store with RBC Rewards points through your RBC wallet app at a Petro-Canada location.
- Get 30% more value when you pay in-store with points at retailers across Canada where tap payment is accepted.
To learn more, please visit: rbcrewards.com
How to plan for your visit
If you’re planning to visit us soon, please read our safety guidelines for how we are dedicated to keeping you safe.
We understand you may have questions prior to your visit. Please text 416-296-0296 and our Guest Services team will answer your questions during mall hours.
Don’t forget to follow us @shopstc for regular updates!