Get ready to celebrate Lunar New Year and welcome the Year of the Rat with some style savvy help from STC.
With over 250 to choose from – our stores are filled with glam fashions, elegant accessories and even commemorative items to mark the occasion. Whether you plan to paint the town red with friends, enjoy a special feast with family or stay home for a casual night, here are some inspired ideas for a night to remember.
Take a look through this preview of some of the many Lunar New Year must-haves featured on Search.Find.ShopNOW. Then click through to enjoy the convenience of shopping online or plan your trip to STC.
- Take inspiration from the official colour of Chinese New Year and put on a red party dress. This frock star is sweet and sassy with a ruffled mandarin collar, puffed sleeves and full skirt. Available at H&M: link.
- Red hot and ready to celebrate! Stick with a monochromatic outfit in chili pepper red, pairing a lacy bodysuit with tailored dress pants. For a more conservative look, top with a structured blazer – perfect for dinner with the in-laws. Available at Dynamite: link.
- A full-length dress is the perfect choice for more formal Lunar New Year plans. Au currant details to look for: open shoulders or single shoulder designs revealing just enough skin to be noticed – and in scarlet red, of course! Available at Laura: link.
- A nude shoe is an easy way to create the illusion of appearing taller. So rise to the occasion with this gorgeous Wicalindra block heel in go-with-everything rose-gold glitter. Available at Aldo: link.
- If you’re not a fan of red or don’t find it flattering for your skin tone, take the spice route with warm, shades of golden turmeric. This crepe blouse is perfect for going from your desk to a dinner date. Just add a glitzy necklace for night. Available at Urban Planet: link.
- From the Lucky Goddess collection, this cocktail ring is a knock out. Any woman would be lucky to receive this beautiful bauble as a Lunar New Year present. Smart for a last-minute gift – the band is adjustable for the perfect fit. Available at Swarovski: link.
- Lunar New Year presents a gold opportunity to take a break from silver and rose gold, making an haute upgrade to glorious gold. Have her “puttin’ on the ritz” with this Micheal Kors Ritz watch, an exceptional gift of time. Available at Bitter Sweet: link.
- Take inspiration from the tradition of gifting with a red envelope (hong bao) to treat yourself to a classic envelope clutch – in Chinese red, of course. Perfect for adding an eye-catching pop of colour to any outfit. Available at Rudsak: link.
- It’s not a proper celebration without taking Tik Tok and Insta-worthy photos. While doing so, all eyes will be on your cell phone cover – so bling it up with this cheeky New Love smartphone case. The mirror finish is handy for lipstick touch-ups, too! Available at Swarovski: link.
For Modern Men
- Up your sartorial game wearing a red silk tie with an oh-so-subtle pattern. If wearing a suit feels too formal, pair with a dress shirt and layer on a luxe cashmere sweater. Available at Le Chateau: similar.
- Your main man will be moonstruck if his Lunar New Year present is a Diesel Mr. Daddy 2.0 watch, featuring an insanely detailed and fascinating chronograph. Packaged in a gold-tone case for gifting and storage. Available at Bitter Sweet: link.
- Guys, put away your black leather boots and step out in blue suede shoes, dressed up with slim-leg charcoal trousers or kept casual with dark denim. The bonus? They’re easy to slip on and off when visiting someone’s home. Available at Aldo: link.
Lads of Leisure
- Switching up to a dress shirt with French cuffs instantly makes any outfit feel more formal. For an extra-special touch, add a hint of spring with gold flower cufflinks. Available at Le Chateau: similar.
- Keeping things casual or looking for a guy gift? Celebrate the Year of the Rat with a nod to the most famous rodent of all, Mickey Mouse, on this special-edition Disney sweatshirt. Available at H&M: link.
- Whether hosting dinner at home or after a long night out, let him slip into a comfy pair of suede and leather UGG Ascot China Tea fashion moccasins, made with a warm sheepskin lining. Available at Softmoc: link.
Gifts for Girls
- Your little princess will be “red-y” for family celebrations dolled up in this picture-perfect brocade dress – made for twirling in with two layers of tulle. Her lao lao will be so proud. Available at H&M: link.
- A charming keepsake for Lunar New Year, this Limited Edition 2020 Anniversary Mouse celebrates 125 years of Swarovski sparkle with the brands own iconic rodent, called the “Ur-Mouse”. Available at Swarovski: link.
- January 25 marks the first day of the Year of the Rat. Commemorate the occasion by gifting a tween or teen a Mickey Mouse hoodie. A timeless classic that’s perfect for lounging and hibernating in. Available at Urban Planet: similar.
- Stuck at home fighting the flu? Order in food from your favourite Chinese restaurant and rest up. You can still celebrate the spirit of the occasion wearing the Adidas Originals Chinese New Year Crewneck Sweater (and the matching sweat pants too!). Available at Footlocker: link.
- Roots own iconic rodent, the beaver, has been replaced by a graphic rat, featured on a limited-edition Lunar New Year collection, including a coin pouch that could be set out at each person’s place setting. Available at Roots: link.
- Spread the cheer of Lunar New Year with STC Gift Cards. Lucky Offer: Receive a 5% Bonus Gift Card when you purchase $200 or more in STC Gift Cards. Offer ends February 2, 2020. Available at Guest Services.