Lena Almeida of www.listentolena.com is a lifestyle influencer and family travel expert in the GTA. A mom of two boys, she’s always ready for an adventure and has been a trusted voice in the online space for over 10 years – follow her online at @listen2lena. We invited Lena to shop for back to school at STC, and she’s got you covered when it comes to this year’s top trends! Keep reading to find out more:
This year, there are three things you absolutely need to know:
A) Camo is *always* in style. This fall, rock the trend in a subtle way with a camo hat, cell phone case or book bag. For girls, pair it with metallic solids for street-style perfection.
B) Put an end to bullying. Make it part of your back-to-school “to do” list to talk to your children about behavioural expectations throughout the school year. Remember, kindness is in!
C) For everything back-to-school, from the hottest clothes to must-have tech, Scarborough Town Centre is your shopping destination!
Here are five of the most popular BTS trends for fall 2019:
1. ROAR! Dinosaurs! Whether it’s a nod to the 2019 NBA World Champions or building excitement for the recently announced Jurassic World 3, dinosaurs have never been more on trend. We found these amazingly colourful sweatshirts and tees at H&M Kids, who get bonus marks for having flippy sequins as well! They have a variety of styles for boys (almost too many to choose from), but I do believe that many of the options in the boys’ section could easily be worn and loved by girls, too. I picked up two tees for my nieces who adore triceratops!
2. Patterned Backpacks. Solids are out – crazy patterns and bright colours, IN! Stop by Bentley for a large variety of styles and sizes, sure to suit your little learners. The backpacks are made of quality canvas and you’ll find everything from neon colours and whimsical patterns to licensed characters. If you’re travelling this fall, don’t forget to check out kid-sized rolling backpacks and mini suitcases!
3. Colourful Kicks. Continuing the trend of bold and bright accessories, this season you’ll find a rainbow of colours in all your favourite brands at Kids Foot Locker and FlyZone at Kids Foot Locker. The store is authentically family-friendly and features comfortable seating, a relaxed atmosphere and display after display of the most on-trend shoes for boys and girls! You’re almost guaranteed to find styles the kids will love – at prices you’ll love. We settled on bright red Jordan shoes for both boys; they’re ready for the playground!
4. 6ix Pride. Wear your love for our city on your sleeve – or better yet, your head! Lids has an amazing assortment of Toronto-based baseball caps, toques and more. From one of the largest selections of official Raptors gear to city-based logo designs, showing your pride for our incredible city has never been easier. Youth sizes run from primary to teen, so you’re sure to find the perfect hat for your sports fan. Drake would approve!
5. School is Cool. We couldn’t do a back-to-school roundup without chatting about school supplies, and MUJI has the best selection of fun and functional items! With minimal packaging and maximum “it” factor, they’ve got everything you need to get the kids ready to study. You’ll find stationary, writing instruments, cases and organizers, desk accessories and more! Don’t forget to stop by the stamping station to create a custom stamp or select among popular designs.
What are you favourite trends for 2019? Scarborough Town Centre has you covered for back-to-school with the hottest looks at the best prices. Happy shopping!
Be sure to tag @shopstc during your back to school shopping visit for your chance to be featured! #MeetMeAtSTC